FIRST Tech Challenge Inspire Award
This formally judged award is given to the team that truly embodied the ‘challenge’ of the FTC program. The team that receives this award is chosen by the judges as having best represented a ‘role model’ FIRST Tech Challenge Team. This team is a top contender for all other judging categories and is a strong competitor on the field. The Inspire Award Winner is an inspiration to other teams, acting with Gracious Professionalism™ both on and off the playing field. This team understands how to communicate their experiences and knowledge to other teams, sponsors, and the judges.
In past seasons, the winner of the Inspire Award at each Championship event received an automatic invitation to the FTC World Championship Event. Once a team has won an Inspire Award at a Championship, they are no longer eligible to win the Inspire Award at additional championship tournaments they may attend. Similarly, once a team wins an Inspire Award at a Qualifying tournament, they are no longer eligible to win the Inspire Award at subsequent Qualification tournaments.
Guidelines for the Inspire Award
- Team must demonstrate respect and Gracious Professionalism both for team members and fellow teams
- Engineering Notebook must be submitted, and must impress the judges
- Team must work beyond their robot to help spread awareness of the team, FIRST, and the FIRST Tech
- Challenge within the community
- Team displays good communication and teamwork skills within the team as well as with their alliances
- Team communicates clearly about their robot design to the judges
- Team presents themselves well in the judges interview
- Robot effectively competes in the game challenge and impresses the judges
- Team and Robot consistently performs well during matches
- Team is a strong contender for all other judged awards