Rockwell Collins Innovate Award
The Rockwell Collins Innovate Award celebrates a team that not only thinks outside the box, but also has the ingenuity and inventiveness to make their designs come to life. This judged award is given to the team that has the most innovative and creative robot design solution to any or all specific field elements or components in the FIRST Tech Challenge game. Elements of this award include elegant design, robustness, and ‘out of the box’ thinking related to design. This award may address the design of the whole robot, or of a sub‐assembly attached to the robot. The creative component must work consistently, but a robot does not have to work all the time during matches to be considered for this award. The team’s Engineering Notebook should be marked with journal entries to show the design of the component(s) and the team’s robot in order to be eligible for this award, and entries should describe succinctly how the team arrived at that solution.
Guidelines for the Rockwell Collins Innovate Award.
- Robot or robot sub‐assembly must be elegant and unique in its design
- Creative component must work reliably
- Team must submit an Engineering Notebook
- Robot is stable, robust and controllable
- Robot design is efficient and consistent with team plan and strategy