Name : Ethan Lobdell
Interests: Food, Skiing, Travel
Position on team/what do you focus on: Mentor / Student engagement & focus
1. How long have you done robotics?
2. What got you interested in robotics in the first place?
Hands on learning
3. What do you like about it?
Always a new challenge. Real skills are being learned
4. So far, do you want to do it again?
5. What do you think of the challenge this year?
I like he the connection SAR and real world scenarios
6. What is one major goal for this year you want to achieve?
Win the Inspire Award
7. How do you think this relates to real situations Search and Rescue, Fire & EMS, etc. has to face?
Objectives based learning and action along with complex team structures to solve problems.
8. Do you have any personal connections to any of these organizations?
I volunteer with SAR
9. To you, what is Gracious Professionalism?
Working really hard to be your best but not letting that goal cloud your ability to be a decent and fair human being.
10. What is your major goal for the season?
For all students to get smarter about team organization and robotics skills. To win the inspire award.
11. What do you think of this year’s team?
I think this year’s team is the best yet. We have a great confluence of skill sets to allow us to work on all the tasks.
12. What are the strengths of this year’s team?
The diversity of interests and skills
Transitioning to a new model of only one robot with students working on many different tasks.