Tuesday: November 22, 2011
More join the crew today. Our number was four team members – 50% of the team!
- Ball sweeper: attached to the Vertical Lift Robot; tested with racket balls
- Ball sucker-up-er: attached to the Vertical Lift Robot; tested with racket balls (potentially to go on Little Robot and Arm Robot…?)
- 3rd edition arm: torque on axles severely reduced – hopefully they won’t warp anymore; test driven – can function fairly well
Points of Interest:
- It is essential to maintain good wiring (and equally annoying to wire everything neatly)
- Control boxes run in parallel
- Strategy: is it better to pick up few balls and lift a crate really high, or to pick up a boatload and not lift the crate…?
Mock competition tomorrow. Everyone get prepared, a good dinner and sleep recommended.
P.S. Arm Robot scored 100 points in teleop mode! (without a time limit)