Saturday: first day of Thanksgiving break.
The robot fans troop back to school after less than 24 hours of break. Work immediately begins on the robots.
- Swivel removed
- Gearing changed to stabilize the axle
- First part of arm shortened
- Work on a hand begun
- Made minor adjustments to the base
- Work begun on gate
- Problems encountered with driving over racket balls and getting stuck
- Designs for plastic shielding begun
Vertical Lift Robot:
- Frame added to support the height of the robot
- Pincher mechanism added
- Compacted until it fit 18″ x 18″ x 18″
Major Points of Interest:
- Rolling over balls and becoming stranded on top of them
- Protecting against racket balls and having the clearance to drive up the ramp
- Efficient scoring techniques – stacking, scoring single racket balls, bowling ball, autonomous, etc.
- Stress and torque on axles – when a great amount of either, the set screws in axle hubs warp the metal and make them difficult to use
- JUST START BUILDING! Don’t worry overmuch about details